You open Instagram, and you see ads for affordable gold earrings. Facebook and Google are the same. You see the term ‘gold-plated,’ but it confuses you. What are gold plated earrings, after all?
We understand the term can be confusing. Is it real gold? Is it bijouterie only? Are gold-plated earrings worth it? We will answer all those questions and more in this blog. By the time you’re done reading it, you will know what are gold coated earrings, and you will know all about the process of gold plating and how it creates fantastic gold jewelry at an unbeatable price tag.
What Are Gold Plated Earrings?
To answer that question, let’s see what gold plating is in the first place.
Speaking from experience, at Agapé, we start from 3D modeling each piece individually with experts specializing in Ancient compositions.
Through 3D, we can materialize our inspiration while our creative team uses their most refined skills and techniques to bring all ideas to life. That is how Agapé’s Ancient history artwork is digitally born.
The Gold-Plating Process
In the production process, we melt or cast each element in a brass base before the galvanization. It is important to note that our gold-plated jewelry is hypoallergenic because we source our noble materials from a trusted supplier with a guarantee of being nickel and lead-free.
Once we create the brass model, we then move on to the gilding technique. This is done through multiple steps that allow us to reach the perfect components for your gold coated earrings.
- In the beginning, we clean each piece with an ultrasound. As it’s getting washed and degreased, the base metal is now ready to receive its noble treatment with gold.
- In the galvanization process, we make each element of your jewelry adapt to the gold layer, which ensures longevity.
- To give the base material its consistency, an alkaline tube is applied to every part.
- After the jewelry has been immersed in an alkaline tube, we add a 3-micron gold layer to cover the surface. This is a lot more than the market standard of just a 0.5-micron gold layer, and as such, it ensures you can wear your gold-plated jewelry for much longer without tarnishing and losing its shine.
Gold as such, the higher the karat weight, the softer it is. So, it needs to be mixed with different alloys in order to get the necessary consistency to any jewelry. The brass metal base gives gold the solidity it needs. In contrast, gold, being the least oxidative material of all, provides the brass with much-needed protection from the elements and resilience.
This is how these two works flawlessly together to create the perfect gold-plated, durable, and resistant jewelry, thanks to its 3-micron gold layer.
On top of that, Agapé’s story is all about sustainability. We source our gold from pre-loved sources that have been validated and trusted. This enables us to create more jewelry for you to love without a cost to our precious planet. Here you can read our sustainability pledge and why it matters so much to us.
We are confident in our work, so we offer a two-year warranty against oxidation and gilding defects for our entire jewelry line. With proper use and maintenance, your gold-plated earrings will last a lot more, and you will fully enjoy and appreciate the true worth of our pieces.
How Are Our Gold-Plated Earrings Created?
Our jewel sculptors, who we consider to be Ancient History Architects, can take up to several months to design the suitable prototype for some jewelry pieces.
We don’t rush the process because we want to extract the very best from each element we produce. It’s not just about the looks but also about external parts like closures, setting the zircons or stones right, the welding process, and checking resistance and quality.
We do this with love so that you can love what you wear. After all, Agapé is all about long-lasting luxury, so we never rush the process.
Why Buy Gold-Plated Earrings?
There are many benefits to wearing gold-plated jewelry made with care and out of love for style, health, and the environment. Here are some of the best reasons why people buy gold-plated after they find out what are gold-plated earrings.
- The gold-plated earrings look as good as the sold gold pieces of jewelry
- Being gold-plated, this jewelry adds the shine of gold to your style but does not cost a fortune
- Being so affordable, you can get multiple earring sets, stack rings, or necklaces for every outfit and always have something new to wear
- Thanks to its creation process, we can be a lot more flexible in the design and models of earrings when gold plating instead of using solid gold. So, gold-plated jewelry offers a lot more variety and is more trendy than the rest
- Gold-plated earrings are ideal for anyone looking for excellent quality jewelry on a budget
- Being so chic, our Ancient-inspired pieces of gold-plated earrings make for great decorative accessories with their stones, pearls, and gems. As such, our earrings come in all shapes so that you can easily choose your preferences
- Our 3-micron gold-plated jewelry is durable and very strong, and with the proper use and maintenance, it will not lose its shine so quickly and will not tarnish
- Agapé jewelry holds a higher value than other gold-plated jewelry brands because of its 3-micron layer, that’s more than the standard 0.5 microns of gold
- If you are a jewelry-lover that wants to have different pieces of gold with each outfit and switch daily, then gold-plated jewelry is the ideal solution
- Our gold-plated jewelry is hypoallergenic, and we create each piece, from gold to packaging and shipping, with the environment and our precious planet in mind
What Are Gold-Plated Earrings? Final Words
We hope that we managed to clear the confusion around what are gold-plated earrings. Now that you know more about our process feel free to check out our earrings collections. Each season we create new pieces inspired by the Ancient Times and their rich architecture, jewelry, and other accessories.We look forward to seeing you there.