Gold-plated earrings are good for sensitive ears, given that you buy them from a trusted jewelry maker. Gold-plated earrings and jewelry, in general, have become widely popular lately and so you can buy them almost anywhere. We always recommend buying jewelry from a trusted source that you know cares for creating top-notch gold-plated earrings and also cares for the environment.
At Agapé, we create 100% hypoallergenic gold-plated earrings, we source the gold from trusted sellers and care for the environment by shipping it with 0 emissions in recycled card boxes in vegan leather pouches. So if looking for gold-plated earrings set that has it all, start here.
Are Gold-Plated Earrings Hypoallergenic?
One of the most commonly asked questions on our site is ‘are gold-plated earrings ok for sensitive ears?’ Yes, gold-plated earrings are ok for sensitive ears if they are made to be hypoallergenic.
Are Gold-Plated Brass Earrings Hypoallergenic?
Gold-plated bass earrings are hypoallergenic. At Agapé, we mold our ideas into a brass base first. Brass, when galvanized well and layered with a thick 3-micron layer of gold, becomes protected from the elements and won’t tarnish, cause any allergies or hurt your sensitive ears.
Are Gold Plated Earrings Nickel-Free?
Our gold-plated earrings are nickel-free and lead-free, thus non-allergenic.
We know how vital your skin's health is, so we source our noble materials from a trusted supplier with a guarantee of being safe for your sensitive skin.
Are Gold-Plated Earrings Safe?
Gold-plated earrings are safe if you take proper care of them. More regarding that, we talk in our other blogs about how to clean your gold-plated earrings and prolong their life.
To share a bit more insight into our process of creation and how our gold-plated earrings are ok for sensitive ears, let’s dive deeper into what we do.
- First, we gather inspiration. We research compelling ancient designs, architecture, and art and combine them into our gold-plated jewelry.
- Once the 3D modeling process is done, our craftsmen gild each piece until it reaches its perfect state. It is cleaned with ultrasound and washed and degreased, it is prepared to be layered with a thick layer of gold.
- After each piece receives its noble treatment with gold, we galvanize it to make sure the gold adapts to every single surface. This way, the thick gold layer protects the brass from the external elements and ensures longevity.
- At Agapé, we use a 3-micron gold layer. That is a lot thicker than the standard 0.5 or 1 micron of gold which is why we are confident in our jewelry’s quality and offer a 2-year warranty.
- To give brass its consistency, just before the gold plating, our jewelry is immersed in an alkaline tube. The gold then gives the jewelry its irresistible shine and a water-resistant finish.
As a result of our high-quality work, we confidently offer a two-year warranty against oxidation and gilding defects for our entire line of jewelry. You can buy with the assurance that you will fully enjoy and appreciate the true worth of our pieces.
Gold-Plated Earrings Collection to Impress
Here we have some of the all-time best-selling collection of earrings that never fails to impress everyone around.
Take a look at the rest of the earrings here.
Gold-Plated Earrings - FAQ
Are Gold-Plated Earrings Good?
Gold-plated earrings are good and safe for anyone because we make them non-allergenic. Our gold-plated earrings are safe because they are immersed in a 3-micron golden layer. Gold in known to be the least reactive metal of all, so it protects the brass underneath from coming in contact with water or air, thus tarnishing, turning green, or causing any allergies on your skin.
Are Gold-Plated Earrings Ok for Newly Pierced Ears?
Yes, gold-plated earrings are ok for newly pierced ears. When your ears have been just pierced, it is normal to see slight swelling, ears turning slightly red, and being a little warmer at the site of the piercing. These are all normal reactions to the piercing and not to the gold-plated jewelry.
Do Gold-Plated Earrings Cause Infection?
Gold-plated earrings should not cause infection if they are well made of quality materials. At Agapé, we use a thick 3-micron layering of gold, clean the base with ultrasound and then apply an alkaline tube to set everything in place and ensure that nothing tarnishes or causes infections.
We hope this article on gold-plated earrings helped you understand how gold-plating works and why our jewelry is perfectly safe for your sensitive ears. If you have any more questions or want more inspiration, visit our IG page. You can follow all new updates there. Also, check out our latest earring collection to elevate your style.